Saturday, December 18, 2004

Oh the joy of Christmas...

This year, I felt nothing... The christmas spirit in me isn't as alive unlike the previous years. Sure, I know I'll always enjoy the month of December... but that's because of the lengthy vacation (two and a half weeks) from college.

People frolic around about and preach that christmas is all about giving physical and emotional gifts .Mostly because it's the birth of Christ so everyone's mind is set to Happy mode...


I don't even have the time to attend the nine consecutive masses before christmas, even though I have lots of time. Many say you can have a wish fulfilled at the end of the last mass... too bad I have no wishes for this year.

Of course, I still attend christmas parties but it's just because they're invitational.

Many will criticize me for this post as "Heartless", "Cold" or "Unholy". This I reply to them: "Die all you hypocrites!!!". People who thinks that they're "holier than thou" are worser than any selfish Diplomat.

In my whole lifetime, I never never felt this so called Christmas spirit. The joys I felt as a kid are merely selfish thoughts of recieving gifts which I immedietly condemned as I realised. Maybe its in this poverty stricken country that I will never feel the spirit of Christmas... I don't know...

puff.. puff... where the smoke goes... nobody knows...