People who’ve known me for a long time say I’ve changed. They say I’ve gone soft. They say I’ve been too forgiving. They think that my once unbreakable poker face was finally ruptured. They say that I finally cared for what’s happening around me. They think I’ve drastically changed my outlook in life. They’re half-right.
Smiling and laughing wasn’t exactly my common expression years ago. I frequently do blank stares even when passing by colleagues. I don’t do high fives, make a smile nor raise my eyebrows when I encounter them, I just walk right pass them. I’d rather keep quiet and sleep than participate in any school and community service. I was too serious of a kid back then.
Long ago, I cared only for myself. It didn’t matter what was happening in the world as long as it didn’t involve me. I worried only for my own good. Back then, I felt little concern for the society or the community. Now, I finally cared for the people closest to me. I no longer consider myself as the only priority in making decisions.
Yes, it is also true that I’ve been avoiding confrontations for the past three years although there are a few unavoidable clashes for some persons. It’s because there is no need to instigate afflictions anymore. I have no reason to provoke anyone to a fist fight. I have no reason to be hostile anymore. Even my once so frequent tantrums strike not so often nowadays. I think I lost my touch at inflicting brutality after I entered college. The people and the ambiance in the institute were so much nicer than it was from high school. Courteous people greeting you and smiling at you are a nice change from cheesy pricks glaring at you as if you were a recently convicted criminal. From then on, I changed what was unneeded. These were my paws and fangs.
No comments:
Post a Comment